1. What the hell were you thinking?
I know, I totally skipped these questions last week because they were so strange-lol
2. The tornado sirens go off in your neighborhood – what do you do?
Get everyone down the basement.
3. Give us a recipe.
Since we are growing cucumbers-a Martha Stewart one-
Cucumber Ranch Dressing
Makes 2 1/4 cups
* 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and grated on the large holes of a box grater
* 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
* 3/4 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 3 1/2 tablespoons (about 1 lemon) fresh lemon juice
* 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
* Pinch of cayenne pepper
* 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
* 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
1. Stir together cucumber, shallot, sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, cayenne, parsley, and chives in a medium bowl. Season with additional salt and cayenne, if desired. Dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serve with pita chips-yum!
4. It’s the middle of the night, there isnt a car in sight and you are stuck at a red light that just won’t change…. how long do you wait until you run it?
Within a few minutes.
5. When was the last time you got all dressed up fancy-like? Where did you go? For my son’s college graduation in May and then I wore a new dress to a little grad party we had last month for him.
6. Have you ever had a mole removed? Yes, it was right where necklaces would rub on it.
7. Are you in an area of record highs or record lows for the temps this summer? Are you lucky and stuck in the middle where it’s somewhat normal? We’ve had a fairly ‘cool’ summer. In this past week we’ve had high 80s and humidity. It’s really playing with my sinuses.
8. When was the last time you changed your furnace filter?
I just asked my husband as we run the a/c through it too. It’s been a few months. I asked before reading this too!
9. What’s your favorite type of frog?
The ones I see in my little pond-Leopards.
10. If you were to go on America’s Got Talent, what would you do for your talent? (and choosing not to go is not an option….)
11. Have you ever been on a rooftop of a building? Yes! Down at Caesar’s in Atlantic City (where we are going again next week) they have a pool there.
12. What is the first website you go to each day when you sit down at your computer, other than your email?
Either my blog or Facebook.
My sinuses are being bothersome-the ones around my eyes-ugh. My throat is weird too. Even Claritin isn’t helping a lot. I have something else to try too.
I got a phone call yesterday from ‘Private caller’. At first I thought it was a charity, and then I picked it up and it was my friend from college who was also my maid of honor. We had lost touch because she wouldn’t write anything about what was going on in her life in Christmas cards, just wrote ‘Love, L’. I asked her to and she wouldn’t. Anyway, we talked for an hour. She got her Master’s at age 45 and still is working in the prison in NJ (I think she processes inmates). Said they are hiring people that haven’t had college training as they don’t want to pay for that. She’s hoping to retire in 7 yrs at age 55. Found her through her brother on Facebook! She’s not a computer person.
Sean is off to Bethany Beach, DE to spend a few days with his pal who will be going to Miami for his Masters in a week or so. We are going down to Atlantic City for a few days next week like we did last year. We are hoping to drive over to Cape May as we haven’t been there for 10 yrs! Last year we went to Margate and saw the Lucy the Elephant structure.